Monday, March 3, 2014

Mediterranean Pasta with Feta & Pine Nuts

This recipe is courtesy of my best gal pal, Sarah. All of the photos are from her own kitchen, which is why it looks way prettier than any of my photos. When Sarah told me about the dish, I never doubted it would be delicious, however, it ended up tasting even better than I expected! I love feta & pasta so I was completely sold before I even tasted it.

With only a few ingredients and less than 20 minutes of cooking time, this is an instant go-to for any weeknight meal. Plus, it could easily double as lunch with leftovers.

INGREDIENTS:
- 12oz box of Rotini (I use the Rozini Smart Taste brand)
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2/3oz fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 4oz reduced fat feta
- 2oz pine nuts

HOW-TO:
Cook the pasta according to the package.

In the mean time, heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic & tomatoes & cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the basil until it is wilted. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and stir in the feta & pine nuts. Toss everything together until it is evenly combined and serve. 

TIP: It goes great with your favorite red wine after a long day at the office!



Nutritional Info per Serving (recipe yields 4 servings):
Calories: 468
Fat: 18g
Sodium: 409mg
Protein: 18g
Carbs: 43g




No comments:

Post a Comment